LATEST NEWS AVALON HAYES VALLEY AWARDED LEED® PLATINUM September 10, 2015
PYATOK is pleased to announce that Avalon Hayes Valley has achieved LEED® Platinum. A dense mid-rise development at 161 DUA, Avalon Hayes Valley achieved LEED for Homes certification by implementing practical and measurable strategies and solutions aimed at achieving high performance in sustainable site development, water savings, energy efficiency, materials selection and indoor environmental quality. Additionally, this project received three innovation credits in the categories of Community Resources, Alternative Transportation, and Water Efficiency through strategic site selection, a robust bike share program, and exemplary performance on irrigation systems by hitting 9 of 12 measures.
This project, in the heart of the Market Octavia Plan, is on the site of a former freeway access ramp removed after the 1989 Loma Prieta Earthquake. Designed in collaboration with Kennerly Architecture and Jon Worden Architects, the project restores the fine grain neighborhood pattern of stoops and varied architectural forms stepping up the sloping site, and includes a new alley street connecting the project with the larger Hayes Valley neighborhood.
Additional Scoring Highlights:
- 9/10 points in Location and Linkages, with a community WalkScore of 98
- 19/22 points in Sustainable Sites
- 1:1 Bicycle Parking, in addition to the resident bike share program
- 28% greater than Title 24 on Energy Performance, utilizing DHW Solar Panels and efficient envelope design - Units are anticipated to see 20%-32% savings in electricity and gas use over a typical apartment.
- 83% of Construction Waste diverted
We would like to give a big shout out to the entire design team especially Bryce Colwell, our energy consultant at DNV/GL, for helping us to stay on track with our sustainability and energy performance goals, as well as the Development and Construction teams at Avalon Bay Communities for their leadership and commitment to the process.